222’s Fastpitch is extremely excited to announce that we now have a Fastpitch Softball opportunity for the BOYS! This will be the first boys team assembled by 222’s Fastpitch for Winter Travel Ball. This team will consist of players with birth years of 2005 and 2006.
The team will have an incredible 2 week Fastpitch Softball adventure in Australia and New Zealand in December 2019 – January of 2020. 222’s Fastpitch has been invited to attend the New Zealand National Championships! The exact dates of the tournament is confirmed, however, we will be finalizing the travel dates over the next couple weeks. Our plan is to travel to Australia and spend approx 1 week there Practicing and Playing Exhibition Games, and then traveling to New Zealand and playing in their National Championship Jan 9th – 12th, 2020.
The Team will leave Canada approx Monday December 30th, 2019 and return approx January 14th, 2020. Not only will there be some great Fastpitch Softball played, but there will be some surprises along the way with some Guest appearances by some of the World’s Best Softball Players! We will keep that a secret for now!
Australia – Practice and Exhibition Games prior to heading to New Zealand Dec 30th, 2019 – Jan 7th, 2020.
New Zealand U15 Boys Championships – January 9th – 12th, 2020 (Paraparaumu, Wellington NZ)
** The trip will allow for a day or two in both locations for some site seeing **
The Selection Process is as follows:
– Boys (2005/2006) from all areas of Canada are invited to try out.
– 16 Players will be selected (2 weeks of exhibition and tournament ball – we need to carry a larger roster)
– 2 Tryout Camps will take place: Saskatoon, SK (Sun Sept 8th, 2019) and Innerkip, Ontario (Sat Sept 28th, 2019). You need to attend one of these camps to be eligible.
– Tryout Camp Costs – $75.00 (plus GST or HST)
– Trip Costs per player – Approx $6500.00 (This is an approx cost which will include flights and accommodations for each player – we will have a confirmed cost once details are confirmed)
– Costs over and above the $6500.00 would include: Flight to Vancouver (which is where the team will meet prior to the flight overseas), food (some meals to be provided), and spending $.
– Team will be selected by the end of September 2019, which will leave players time to fund raise prior to the trip.
We are extremely excited about this opportunity, and hope to see you at Tryouts!