THE PITCHING FACTORY
Thank you for your interest in the newest program offered by 222’s Fastpitch! We are very excited about launching the “Pitching Factory”. The Pitching Factory is opening in just Saskatoon for this winter, but hope to expand the program in the future to new locations in an effort to accommodate more of our 222’s Family.
The Pitching Factory was created for those pitchers who are committed to becoming better pitchers. They will be willing to make changes that 222’s staff feel is necessary to get to that next level. This is not the program for those just looking to just pick up extra pitching sessions. The sessions will focus on improving mechanics, but also the mental and defensive aspects of pitching (fielding the position).
The program is open to both girls and boys between the birth years of 2013-2004, and will be located in the beautiful Gordie Howe Sports Complex in Saskatoon.
The Pitching Factory will run for 5 months, from November 2022 to March 2023. Fifteen 1.5 hr sessions for $875 (plus gst) or $175 (plus gst)/month for 5 months.
Pitchers will be required to bring a catcher to catch for them during each session.
The lead instructor for this program is former National Team pitcher and current National Team Coach, Dean Holoien (along with a team of 222’s Staff).
The pitching Factory will have two training groups:
1. Developmental Class (Qualifications for this program below):
- For ages 2013 and older
- For pitchers just starting out, but as well for those who feel then need to focus on establishing a good foundation with their pitching mechanics and form
- Graduation into the advanced class in future years is NOT guaranteed. Pitchers must be able to demonstrate the ability to make required changes and progress to a level that meets expectations for the Advanced Class.
- Athletes will be accepted on a first come first serve basis
- Maximum 20 athletes accepted for this class. A waitlist will be created and accepted on a drop-in basis providing there is room in the session
- Developmental Class Dates and Times:
- November – 5th (7-830pm), 12th (5-630pm), 27th (7-830pm)
- December – 17th (1-230pm), 22nd (8-930pm), 28th (1-230pm)
- January – 4th (8-930pm), 25th (8-930pm), 28th (4-530pm)
- February – 11th (7-830pm), 17th (7-830pm), 24th (7-830pm)
- March – 4th (6-730pm), 6th (8-930pm), 28th (8-930pm)
2. Advanced Class (Qualifications for this program below):
- for ages 2009 and older
- for more experienced pitchers looking to improve mechanics and form
- because this is our first year with this program, we will accept pitchers based on a first come first serve basis. However, that does not guarantee your spot in the advanced class next winter. Pitchers will have to have good attendance and show a commitment to making necessary changes to improve overall performance before being allowed back in the Advanced Session the next winter season
- MAX 20 athletes will be accepted for this class. A waitlist will be created and accepted on a drop-in basis providing there is room in the session
- Advanced Class Dates and Times:
- November – 5th (830-10pm), 12th (630-8pm), 27th (830-10pm)
- December – 17th (230-4pm), 22nd 930-11pm), 28th (230-4pm)
- January – 4th (930-11pm), 25th (930-11pm), 28th (530-7pm)
- February – 11th (830-10pm), 17th (830-10pm), 24th (830-10pm)
- March – 4th (730-9pm), 6th (930-11pm), 28th (930-11pm)